Smartphones, smartwatches, smart tv are all known to us but with the advancement of technology here we are talking about smart speakers. it’s not just any Bluetooth speaker but actually, a speaker that can help you in your day to day work, all you just need to command and your task will be done. you can turn on lights, play music, get updates about latest news, set reminder and many more. there are many smart speakers and have an impressive performance in terms of responding to commands.
So here’s the list of top smart speakers in 2018
1. Google Home
Google home is a smart speaker you talk to and tell what to do. It has a very simple clean and compact design. google home color is white but you can customize the base with different colors. google home has touch capacitive surface on the top, where you can operate and control volume, play or pause music or tap to start the home assistant. one of the most appealing features of google home assistant that makes it come in the list of smart speakers is connecting to google chromecast. With the help of chromecast, you can play videos on youtube or play tv series on Netflix. you can also get to know about your daily routine just ask Home tell me about my routine and it will check your all appointments from Gmail. Google home can also connect to many IoT devices, through which you can turn your light on and off with simple voice command.
pros and cons
- Aesthetic design
- Easy to make calls via voice activation
- Can identify different voices
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Speaker could be louder
- Doesn’t have an audio out port
- Doesn’t hear me from a distance as well
- Always needs to be plugged in
2. Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Amazon Echo has a shorter, wider and has a fabric covering instead of the plastic exterior in charcoal grey or sandstone color option. Amazon echo sounds really great all thanks to its dual speaker powered by Dolby. Amazon Echo is one of the smart speaker’s inbuild with Alexa. Amazon added 12000 skills to Alexa. you can book an uber through it, play music, and even order through Amazon. 2nd generation is much better than the 1st generation as you don’t need to press the activation button again and again. all you need to say Alexa, Amazon or echo to activate it followed by what you want to happen. the overall performance of this smart speakers is good as it delivers clear audio, smarter design, and significantly lower price.
pros and cons
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice control
- Shopping list function allows you to add stuff to your shopping list on the go
- Ability to control Smart homes, book cabs, tell recipes, etc
- No complications with setting up or using
- The Echo only speaks one language – English
- Not portable and you have to keep it plugged in at all times.
- No controls for bass, treble, and balance.
- No scope for giving multiple commands